Buffalo Cauliflower Bites

Let's start off with saying that anyone who knows me knows my favorite food is boneless buffalo wings (and quite frankly, buffalo-flavored anything.) When I was younger, I would go to Applebee's a few times a week and have boneless wings as a late night snack (God bless my teenage metabolism) and any time I go out to eat, if there's buffalo on the menu, I'm ordering it.

It seems as if the older you get the slower your metabolism gets. Needless to say, I can't be ordering buffalo wings on a weekly basis to satisfy cravings and expect to not gain weight. Queue my new favorite, Buffalo Cauliflower Bites.





Of course they're not deep fried chicken smothered in buffalo sauce, BUT that doesn't mean they don't fulfill the craving! These are great to add as a side to your dinner or just as a quilt-free snack. Keep on reading to find out how to make them!


What You'll Need:
  • One bag of cauliflower florets
  • Olive oil (to lightly coat)
  • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1/2 cup of Frank's Red Hot sauce
  • Large ziplock bag

How You Do It: 
  1. Preheat your oven to 455 degrees (I use a toaster oven)
  2. Place cauliflower in ziplock bag and drizzle to barely coat with olive oil
  3. Add garlic power, salt and pepper and toss to evenly coat
  4. Place cauliflower on the baking sheet (I just covered my toaster oven tray with tin foil) and bake for 7 minutes, flip the florets, and bake for another 7 minutes.
  5. Remove florets from the over and melt the butter in a bowl. 
  6. Add hot sauce to the butter and toss florets in the mixture until coated
  7. Return to the over for another 5 minutes
  8. Serve with any dip you like! I went with fat-free blue cheese.


Overall, this a great alternative to high-calorie buffalo wings. They make a great snack or side to any meal and will certainly continue to make these when cravings hit. Hope you enjoy the recipe!


No comments