My New Toy | Canon EOS Rebel T6i

Hi friends! I'm super excited about today's post! A DLSR camera has been on my wish list for years now-- I've enjoyed taking photos ever since I got my first point-and-shoot in 8th grade and once I started this blog, I lusted after a DLSR even more. Once I booked my trip to Iceland, I knew it was time to take the plunge because it wouldn't feel right not having a camera that could capture the beauty of the Northern Lights if I'm lucky enough to see them. I started to do my research and after careful consideration, I decided on the Canon EOS Rebel T6i and I couldn't be happier!


I'm a total newbie in this world. I've never used a DSLR before and I haven't upgraded my point-and-shoot in probably 5 years, so I have a ton to learn. Luckily, I worked in the creative advertising industry for almost 3 years and I was able to work along side some really talented photographers and was always taking mental notes when they were shooting (thanks, guys ;)) which is helpful, but I'm a complete beginner here.

I decided on this specific camera for a few reasons. One, I've always had Canon cameras and I know they are a top brand so I wanted to stick with them (even though I know Nikon and Sony are also great!) Second, I wanted a camera that was beginner-friendly, but also had some more advanced features so I can grow into it longer. I was between T6 (a less expensive, less advance version) and the T6i. I ultimately decided on the the T6i because if I felt since I was already investing so much money here, I may as well invest a little more and get the camera with better features.

I went out today and shot on the waterfront at sunset and I'm really happy with the outcome! I was mostly shooting on Auto and a little bit with messing around the with ISO, exposure etc. but I'm really only comfortable on Auto at this point.





As you can see, I have some work to do, but I'm really pleased with these :) I'm looking forward to learning more and getting better and better so I can (hopefully) successfully shoot the Northern Lights and other amazing things I will be seeing on my trip.

I plan to use this camera to shoot all of my blog posts as well, so you should be seeing better photos soon! If you guys have any resources or tips on how to shoot both lifestyle and product photography, I am all ears!! I appreciate any and everything you can help me with. Thank you so much for reading!

Products Mentioned:


Pin it for later




1 comment

  1. Ah I just got this camera too! :) I have NO idea what I am doing though haha. I work in a student residence and thankfully some students in photography are showing me how to use it lol!
    www.xxojess.com

    ReplyDelete