How I Finally Cleared My Skin!

I was fairly fortunate when it came to teenage skin. I didn't have acne, though I had my fair share of breakouts. They were mostly hormonal and I'd only break out around ~that time of the month.~ I figured once I grew out of my teens, my skin would clear but boy, was I wrong.

My skin became worse as I got older & early this yea my breakouts were more consistent than ever. I knew I had to do something so I started to do some research and found my holy grail products (mostly drugstore!!) Keep reading to see what they are!



As you can see from the above, the difference is dramatic. This was over the course of 7 months and I still have some scarring and get a pimple or two during that time of the month, but my skin is so much better and I'm so thankful for that!


I'm going to take you through my skin care routine step-by-step, product-by-product. I really hope this post helps! Be sure to check out the end of this post for links/prices for everything I use :)


First things first, my exfoliating cleanser. I love this one by Biore! It's pretty gentle for a exfoliant but still gets the job done. It smooths and cleans your skin and targets your pores to draw out impurities. It also has salicylic acid and is oil free which is perfect for acne-prone skin! I use this about 3-4 times a week in the shower.



Next up is the most pricy item in my routine. It's the Clear Clinic T2 Wash. My dermatologist recommended this so that's pretty much the only reason I spent over $30 on it, but I'm so happy I did! This stuff is intense and can be a bit drying, but really helps clear your skin. It's a clarifying cleanser formulated with salicylic acid, sulfur and a blend of botanical ingredients like tea tree oil and peppermint. I use this right after the Biore scrub, so 3-4 times a week in the shower.


Third, (and sometimes first!), is probably my favorite product! This is the Simple Cleansing Micellar Water. I use this twice a day, once in the morning and once before bed. I also use this before applying makeup sometimes or whenever I feel like I need a refresh. I just take a little on a cotton pad and wipe down my face. This stuff is great for removing every last drop of makeup, sweat, dirt etc. On the days I don't wash my face with the above, this is what I use.


Next, my spot treatment, the Neutrogena Rapid Clear 2-in-1 Fight & Fade Gel. I use this only when needed, if I see or feel a pimple coming on. This is a great spot treatment that can reduce breakouts in 8 hours, though my favorite part has to be the fade power this stuff has. Like I said above, I still have some scarring to deal with, but I haven't been getting new scars since I started using this which is amazing!


Second to last, we have my favorite moisturizer. This is probably what took me the longest to find, a product that hydrates my skin but doesn't feel heavy. The Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer not only feels super light on the skin, but it also has salicylic acid to help keep your skin clear. I use this every morning and night after I wash my face (or use my spot treatment.)


Last but not least, the Mario Badescu Rose Water Spray. I finish off my skin care routine with a few spritzes of this right after I apply my moisturizer. This stuff really tones your skin as well as help retain all of the moisturizer and products applied before. I was so surprised to learn who cheap this stuff was, which makes it a huge plus!

And there you have it, how I cleared my skin! Besides the above products, I also made a point to start drinking more water daily, which likely helped and I made sure to NEVER sleep with my makeup on. I'm really happy with how these products work together. I know everyone's skin is different, so this may not work for everyone, but hopefully it will help some other hormonal broken out gals out there. Thanks for reading!

Products Mentioned:
  • Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub - Ulta, $6.99 
  • Clear Clinic T2 Wash - ClearClinic.com, $35
  • Simple Micellar Facial Cleanser Water - Target, $6.99
  • Neutrogena Rapid Clear 2-in-1 Fight & Fade Gel - Target, $10.97
  • Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer - Walgreens, $6.79 
  • Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs & Rosewater - Urban Outfitters, $7

PIN FOR LATER


8 comments

  1. I NEED these products in my life!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can probably find "Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub" at Walmart for $5.39, "Simple Micellar Facial Cleanser Water" for $5.37, "Neutrogena Rapid Clear 2-in-1 Fight & Fade Gel" for $8.97, and "Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer" for $5.27. The items I have mentioned, at other stores combined is $31.74, the stuff I have mentioned through Walmart is a total of $25, which is a savings of $6.74. Just thought you might want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl I have acne since I was 19,now I'm 22 but I don't have a completely healthy skin . When I was teen I didn't have a serious acne problems either so I know exactly what you mean... I love Mario Badescu but haven't used this product yet... I totally should and now that I know the price I'm so more into it!!

    cosmetologylover.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.ebay.com/itm/aztec-secret-indian-healing-clay-homemade-mask-face-100-natural-help-for-acne-/262660473400?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.ebay.com/itm/aztec-secret-indian-healing-clay-homemade-mask-face-100-natural-help-for-acne-/262660473400?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rodan + Fields has the #1 Acne products in the US. I'd love to help you finally clear your acne! Tons of my customers are thrilled. Message me cristenzipf@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Or if your acne is gone, let me help you get rid of those remaining acne scars with our Reverse regimen. cristenzipf.myrandf.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wanted to tell you about derma rolling a.k.a. skin needling. Its great for acne scars! You can order one from amazon for $9-$25 on average. Just depends on the type and how many rollers come in the package. I'd tell you how it works but you'd get much more out of it and probably understand it better than if I tried to explain it, if you read up on it yourself. Anyways, I hope this comment helps you in some way!
    -Meagan

    ReplyDelete