June 2016 Favorites!

Okay, it's been a hot minute since I've been on here-- So to start this off, I'm sorry! As most people say when they've been gone for a bit, life has just been busy and I haven't had time to keep up with blogging :( In coming weeks I think things will clear up as I'm now fully on boarded at my new job. But enough excuses, let's get into this!


Even though I took a step back from blogging about makeup, I did find myself purchasing some new products as well as re-discovering old favorites.

BareMinerals Bare Skin Sheer Sun: Now that it's summer, I'm finally getting some color from spending my weekends at the beach. While this is exciting, I wasn't excited about having to buy a new foundation just for a darker shade. I started to look into products I could mix with my foundation and came across this guy. I just put my foundation onto the back of my hand and drop a few drops of this product and apply as normal with my Beauty Blender. It looks natural and doesn't change the coverage or consistency of my foundation which was one of my bigger concerns.

NYX HD Finishing Powder in Mint Green: I've been using the NYX Photo Loving Primer in green for years to help combat my redness (and love it) so when I saw NYX came out with a green tinted finishing powder, I needed it! This product isn't chalky and the green isn't apparent on the skin, but it really helps with any redness I have.

Lorac Pro Matte Lip Lip Color in Pink Taupe: This is an oldie but a goodie! I got this almost 2 years ago when Casey Holmes used to rave about it. This is a creamy matte lipstick that is super easy to apply and a great alternative to the sometimes messy and high maintenance liquid lipsticks. This shade specifically is perfect for everyday wear or a night out. It's my current go-to and it's with me everywhere I go!

Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara: Another older product that has found it's way into my routine again. This mascara makes my lashes so voluminous and adds the perfect amount of length. The brush shape helps to curl my lashes without the use of a lash curler and they hold all day. This is definitely my favorite mascara (high end or drugstore) at the moment!

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation: I know I've mentioned this before but I couldn't make a favorites post without this. I was never one to splurge on foundations but this one is SO good I cannot recommend it enough. It looks so natural on the skin, wears all day and has great, buildable coverage.  This product is worth every penny!

Swatched: Lorac Pro Matte Lip Lip Color in Pink Taupe

And that's it! I'm very excited to get back into blogging now that life has calmed down a bit and I have a few new, fun post ideas I can't wait to share with you guys! Please let me know if you have any post suggestions and thank you so much for reading :) 


Products Mentioned:

  • BareMinerals Bare Skin Sheer Sun - Sephora, $28
  • NYX HD Finishing Powder in Mint Green - Ulta, $9.99
  • Lorac Pro Matte Lip Lip Color in Pink Taupe - Ulta, $18
  • Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara - CVS, $8.99
  • Too Faced Born This Way Foundation - Sephora, $39





No comments