Simple Chipotle Chicken Pasta

One thing I told myself I would do when I moved out is learn to cook. When I was commuting 2+ hours to and from work each day, I had no desire to cook anything for dinner when I got home so I'd normally settle with a PB&J or some leftovers from my family's dinner they ate earlier. Now that I have a beautiful 25 minute commute (yes, door to door!!!), I have more than enough time to cook a nice meal. Queue my Chipotle Chicken Pasta.




This dish is super easy to make and it's also delicious! I had at least 2 portions left over so I separated them into some Tupperware to bring as lunch the following days (just as good reheated!)



What you'll need:

  • 1.5 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite-sized pieces)
  • 1 tablespoon of whole wheat flour (any flour will work)
  • 1 tablespoon of chipotle seasoning (I used one from McCormick)
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
  • 1/2 medium white onion, chopped
  • 4 garlic cloves, mined
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 package dry spaghetti (or any past you have on hand)
  • Dash of salt

How you do it:

  • Mix together the bite-sized chicken, flour and chipotle seasoning in a medium bowl making sure the chicken is fully coated.

  • Heat olive oil in pan over medium high heat. Then, add the chicken and cook on both sides until they're no longer pink on the inside. Remove the chicken and set aside.
    • At this point you should also have begun cooking your pasta as directed on the package

  • Pour a tiny bit of chicken broth into the pan to help deglaze it. Add the peppers, onions and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent then add a dash of salt. 

  • Add chicken broth, parmesan cheese and chicken into the pan and cook for about 5 minutes until the sauce has slightly thickened.

  • Serve over pasta and enjoy!

It's as easy as that! Like I said, this yielded about 4 servings so it's a great meal that you could portion out for the rest of the week. Let me know if you try this out! Thanks for reading :)










No comments