Small Apartment Hack: DIY Shelf Bedside Tables!

If you're anything like me you always pictured your first apartment to be the size of a small mansion, fully equip with walk-in closets, double sinks in the master bath, waterfall shower heads etc. But as a 24-year-old working an entry-level job living minutes to Manhattan, you know very well that's impossible. While my apartment is small (420 sq ft to be exact....), it's newly renovated with exposed brick and stainless steal appliances so naturally I couldn't say no. All of this being said, the bedroom is tiny. Luckily, we're able to fit a Queen-size bed and two IKEA dressers, but the only wall we could put the bed on is shared with our closet leaving no room for side tables. While not totally necessary, I'm used to having somewhere to keep my phone and a water bottle next to the bed overnight, so I was determined to find a solution - And luckily, I did!




A shelf?! Genius. There are tons of different sizes and shapes to choose from so this hack could work for any bedroom. I went with this corner shelf set and mirrored them on either side of the bed. Of course, they're a little small but they're perfect to keep a phone, a water bottle and another personal item or two. As you can see to the left - the closet starts which makes it physically impossible to fit a side table so this was the perfect fix. (Note - The bed can't be pushed to the right wall because of the baseboard heaters)


All in all, this is probably one of my favorite DIY's/hacks that I've completed in my apartment so far. It was so simple, cheap (!!!) and practical. Let me know if you try this out in the comments! Thanks for reading!

Products Mentioned
Two Their Corner Shelf - Target, $14.99

No comments