EASY Parmesan Zucchini Chips

Does anyone else have a severe salty tooth? Yes, salty. Forget the chocolate cake, cookies and brownies and give me chips, french fries and pretzels. I physically cannot eat a sandwich without a salty, crunchy side-kick. It's gotten so bad I've slowed down on eating sandwiches to avoid eating chips (dramatic? maybe but seriously the combo goes hand in hand!) I've been searching high and low for the perfect alternative and I think I have it: Zucchini Chips!





I've been trying to work more veggies into my diet so these were perfect. They're super easy to make and the flavor combos are endless. I've made a couple different flavors, but my favorite so far have been these little parmesan guys. This recipe is really simple, you may even have all (or most) of the ingredients in your kitchen already.

Keep on reading to find out how to make them!


What you'll need:

  • 1 zucchini (this will create one serving)
  • 1 tablespoon grated parmesean cheese
  • 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt

How to do it:
Preheat your oven to 230 degrees. Start by thinly slicing your zucchini. I used a knife, but while looking for ways to perfect the recipe, many bloggers mentioned using a mandoline slicer which apparently makes it easier to create super thin slices. Obviously, I'm too broke to buy another kitchen gadget at the moment, so the knife worked fine.


Next, transfer your zucchini to a medium sized bowl. During this time, I also took a paper towel and tried to get some moisture out of the slices to create a crunchier finish. Now add the cheese, garlic powder, apple cider vinegar and the salt (previously mixed together) to the zucchini. I used a fork to then evenly coat the chips.


Now you will be evenly placing your chips on a tinfoil-lined baking sheet. There will likely be extra of the dry-mixture at the bottom of the bowl, I ended up just sprinkling that over the chips while they were on the tray for a little extra flavor.


Last, it's time to pop these babies into the oven! Leave these in for an hour and a half to two hours (depending on how thinly sliced you were able to get them.)

I suggest eating these right out of the oven and they can lose their crunchy-ness once sitting for a while. When I make more than one batch at a time, I store them in a tupperwear in my fridge and reheat them using my toaster oven to help add the crunch back.


And there you have it! A healthy alternative to chips. Now I can start eating sandwiches again ;)

Let me know if you try these out in the comments. Thanks for reading!




No comments