The PREFECT Breakfast Smoothie: Just 4 Ingredients!

I've always saaaid I wanted to try meal replacement shakes/juicing etc. but realistically that will never happen. I like the physical act of eating too much and they don't taste all that great. But one day when I was lost in a never-ending Pinterest binge, I found myself pinning a ton of smoothie recipes. Me being the "I'm going to become healthy when I move out" person that I am, decided I was going to craft a smoothie that was healthy, filling and actually yummy that I could take to work for breakfast everyday. Keep reading to find out how!




My go-to's are plain non-fat Greek yogurt, mixed frozen berries, a banana and orange juice


The Greek yogurt helps add some protien to the smoothie which helps keep you full longer (but I have tried this without it when I was congested and it was just as yummy!). Frozen berries are perfect to make a nice, cold smoothie without the ice (and they're delicious.) I threw in a banana because who doesn't love strawberry banana flavored anything? And the orange juice to add some calcium, vitamin C and to really make this smoothie taste like "breakfast."


(I've perfected this recipe since I photographed it, so the orange juice measurement is off in the image!)

What you need:
  • 1 cup of your favorite orange juice
  • 1 heaping spoonful of non-fat Greek yogurt
  • 1 cup frozen mixed berries
  • 1 banana
How to make it:
  • Throw it all in a blender and liquify for 30 seconds or until you've reached your desired constancy (I like mine super liquid-y, no chunks)

It's that easy! This smoothie is super refreshing and delicious. I love the citrus-y hint from the orange juice and the thickness from the yogurt. 

Let me know if you try this out and what you think in the comments! Thanks for reading :)


No comments