The BEST Green Smoothie | Peanut Butter Banana

Hi guys! Super excited to bring you another recipe post today :) I've started working out "more intensely" recently, so I was on the hunt for the perfect post-workout shake/smoothie. I wanted something substantial enough that I could use it as a breakfast replacement since I usually work out in the morning, but also tasty enough to actually look forward to drinking it. After a little bit of experimenting, I found this combo was my favorite!




For a while I had been making a more fruity smoothie but randomly started craving peanut butter a ton and started to love almond milk so one day it just clicked in my head! This smoothie is so delicious-- it's the perfect amount of sweet and savory and you don't even taste the greens ;) Keep on reading to find out how I create this smoothie!



What You Need:
  • 1 handful of baby spinach
  • 1 medium frozen banana
  • 3 tbsp powdered peanut butter (I use PB2!)
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • 3/4 cups unsweetened almond milk
  • 3-5 ice cubes


How You Make It: 

  • Throw everything into your blender and blend until smooth!

And that's it!



This smoothie is so delicious! I love adding in ice cubes and making sure my banana is frozen because they thicken it up a bit to resemble a milkshake consistency (my fav!)

This keeps me full all morning and helps re-fuel me after my workouts. I love that I get a serving of fruit, veggies and protein all in one. It's the perfect breakfast or snack and I definitely recommend you giving this a try!

Let me know your favorite post-workout snacks or smoothies in the comments! Thanks so much for reading :)


No comments