San Francisco | Work Trip Recap

Hello, loves! As you guys may know, I work for a social media agency and I was lucky enough to head to San Francisco for Super Bowl 50 weekend because one of my clients are a big-time sponsor! I didn't make it to the actual game, unfortunately, but being in San Fran for the week/weekend leading up was an experience in it's own.




This was my first time on the west coast so I was pretty excited, but I didn't fully know what to expect when covering such a huge event. My time was filled with a ton of 12-hour work days, a lot of stress and a TON of amazing content. The trip was a success and our client was very pleased with the outcome. Luckily, I was able to sneak some tourist-y things in and see the Pacific Ocean for the first time!

We stayed in The Marker Hotel, which is a cute, boutique hotel located in Union Square. The rooms were to die for! A blogger's dream. My room was quite small, but more than enough room for just myself.


I'm obsessed with all of the color and patterns, I was always happy when walking back into the room. The bed was also AMAZING. I never wanted to wake up it was so comfortable.


The bathroom was very nice as well, fully stocked with NEST bath products! I've loved NEST Fragrances for quite some time, so this was a nice treat. I also loved that they stocked the bathroom with cotton balls & swabs for easy makeup clean-up and personal care.


Like mentioned above, I was in San Fran for Super Bowl activations. Obviously, these events don't last after the game, but, I highly suggest heading to the Super Bowl events (free+paid) if the game is ever held in a city by you! Even if you're not the biggest football fan, there's tons of events, games, giveaways, celeb appearances - You'll certainly find something for yourself!


I was lucky enough to meet a few celebs & players! Pictured above is JiffPom - the Instagram famous pomeranian pup! Such a little cutie. I was also able to meet NFL players (Todd Gurley, Marcus Mariota, Amari Cooper, Drew Brees) and some celebs (Ryan Reynolds, Mike Tirico) which was pretty awesome!

Market Street from the Twitter's HQ

Unfortunately, I was super busy so I didn't capture photos of everything but we went to a big, client dinner at the Asian Art Museum, which was to die for! We were able to view the exhibitions during cocktail hour (where the dumplings were delish.) We also had another client dinner at Boudin Bakery and the mac and cheese was one of the bests I've had (and I've had a lot of mac and cheese!)

I highly recommend both places, though I believe the Art Museum would just be available for elegant events like weddings etc. 


I obviously had to try In-n-Out! Like I mentioned before, I have never been to the West Coast so this was my first chance to try out the infamous animal-style fries. Let's just say, I will certainly be back!


On my last day in town, I finally had some down time where I could do some solo exploring. I ended up taking an Uber over to the Golden Gate Bridge Welcome Center, since I couldn't leave without seeing this iconic bridge. 

I took a nice long walk along all of the trails and ate lunch from The Warming Hut (I got a delicious chicken sandwich, the name is slipping right now - it was the first on the menu!) and ate on the water front. While eating, I saw some seals and some other cute wild life!


I have a weird obsession with being near any body of water, so this was the perfect way to end a rather hectic trip!

I know I didn't have too much time to do the classic San Fran activities (Fisherman's Warf, Alcatraz, Full House-House etc.), but I hope this little recap helps a little. I certainly recommend everything mentioned above and had a great trip, even though it was for work.

Let me know if you guys want to see a post on what to bring/wear etc. on business trips! I looked around for some blog posts on that topic for my first trip and would love to share my insights with you. Thanks for reading!


No comments