Why I'm Loving The Adult Coloring Book Trend

If you're anything like me, stress can creep up and start to consume your life. It's not something I'm proud to admit, but it happens to the best of us. When I first started seeing these "adult" coloring books, I thought it was pretty cool but didn't plan on buying one because I didn't think I'd actually use it and #brokegirlprobs. But when I was in San Fran for work a few weeks back, I stumbled upon this specific one and knew I had to get it.



It was the subtitle that really caught my eye, "Anti-Stress Art Therapy for Busy People." I was de-stressing down by the Golden Gate Bridge when I saw this in one of the little gift shops and couldn't have seen it at a better time.

I looked through the pages and the patterns were so cute that I knew I had to buy it. I immediately ran to the Target down the street from my hotel to buy some nice colored pencils and started coloring right away.


They weren't kidding when they said this was therapeutic! Just to take 15 minutes out of your day to de-stress and make something pretty is so rewarding to your brain. Not only are you producing something visually pleasing, but you're also giving yourself some time to completely clear your head. Putting my focus on something different for a few minutes has really had such a positive impact on my overall mood.


All in all, I really suggest picking up one of these books. There are so many different "themes" -- you can find one like mine with abstract shapes, or things like nature, cityscapes etc. You'll certainly find one that's perfect for you (I've also linked some great ones below!)

I hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know how you deal with stress in the comments, I'm always open for some new ways to clear my head after a long day :) Thanks so much for reading!

Products Mentioned:
- The Mindfulness Coloring Book - Barnes & Noble, $9.95
- Colored Pencils - Target, $9.99

Some Other Great Coloring Books!
- Tropical World
- Swear Word Adult Coloring Book (YES, THIS LOL)
- Creative Cats
- Secret New York



No comments