Do We Have A Dupe? Valentia Skin Detoxifying Mask vs. Palmetto Derma Antioxidant Mask

Hey, hey! Today's post is the newest in my series "Do We Have A Dupe?" and I'm really excited about it! This post will be focusing on detoxifying face masks. I fell in love with my Palmetto Derma mask when I got it in a BoxyCharm, but I didn't fall in love with the price ($64). I love how it makes my skin feel, but I've been dreading finishing it up because I know I can't afford a $64 face mask. 

This is where the Valentia Detoxifying Clay Mask comes in! I knew I had to compare these two, as this one is cheaper, but they both have similar promises and ingredients that will help detoxify and rejuvenate your skin.


Let's get into it! What I love so much about the Palmetto mask is how soft and clean my skin feels afterwards. I also love how fresh it feel and how easy it sits on my skin, I don't even feel like I have a mask on.

Now to the comparison. First off, the Valentia mask has a ton more product in it's container than the Palmetto mask. They both have a similar consistency and color, a little lumpy with some exfoliating elements. The Palmetto mask has a slight minty, oat-y smell (which I love) where the Valentia mask has more of a light citrus smell.


I apply both of these with my fingers, taking larger chunks and evenly spreading it evenly over my face. The biggest difference between these two masks is how they wear on the face. As mentioned above, the Palmetto mask sits really nicely on my skin and I can't even tell that I'm wearing a mask. The Valentia mask feels more like a true clay mask, where it hardens on the skin.


Now for the most important part, in my opinion, how these masks leave my skin feeling. Like I said, I loooove how my skin feels after using my Palmetto mask. It's so soft and smooth and I just want to touch my skin all day!

And luckily, drum roll please... My skin felt exactly the same after using the Valentia mask! I am so happy about this. Like I said, this mask is more than half the price of the Palmetto one and you get a ton more product. I definitely think these products are similar enough that you can certainly save some money and go for the Valentia mask.

Let me know what detoxifying/antioxidant masks you guys have tried and what your favorites are! I' always looking for cheaper (but quality) options for pricier products. Thanks so much for reading!

Products Mentioned

  • Valentia Skin Detoxifying Mask - Amazon, $25
  • Palmetto Derma Antioxidant Mask - Palmetto Derma, $64



*This post is powered by BrandBacker






No comments