We Booked a Bucket List Trip | Iceland, London & Ireland

Hi loves! The title says it all, but I've officially booked my dream trip to Iceland! Iceland has been on the top of my short-term bucket list for over a year now (Bora Bora & Australia are my top two bucket list destinations, but those are on the more long-term list lol), and I'm so happy I finally booked the trip.

Photo Credit: AroundDeGlobe.com


While Iceland has been my dream destination for a while, I wanted to make sure my boyfriend Ryan was able to experience somewhere he wants to experience (relationships are about compromise, right?) When I found out that IcelandAir has a program called the Stopover, I knew this trip could become a reality.

Basically, when you fly IcelandAir, you can schedule a layover in Reykjavik for up to 7 days, and then fly to one of 27 European destinations for no extra cost, so you're basically just paying for the flight to Europe (there are also a bunch of US locations for those coming from Europe!)

Photo Credit: GetYourGuide.com

I was looking through the destination list to see if there was anywhere Ryan would want to go as much as I wanted to go to Iceland, but somehow out of 27 cities, nothing was popping out for his preferences, so I figured we could fly to a major hub such as London and go from there.

We officially decided on Ireland, as Ryan is Irish and he loves his beer, and luckily it's super close to London so we booked a very cheap flight on Ryanair! The best part? We'll be in Dublin for St. Patty's! I'm so excited.

Photo Credit: JetSetta.com

Overall, this trip is perfect for the two of us-- where we both are getting to go to dream destinations. We've never gone on a trip together (or ever lol) where we visit countries for the cultural aspect. We've only been to tropical destinations like Mexico and the Dominican Republic (which I love!) but we're both excited to try out a new type of vacation.

So far we only have flights booked and we have about 3 full days in each destination (Reykjavik, London & Dublin), so if you have any suggestions on where to stay and what to do in/near those cities, PLEASE let us know in the comments! I can't wait to get more details finalized, but we have a few months. I can't wait for this trip!

Thanks so much for reading!

No comments