My 2017 Goals | Trying to Stay Accountable!

We're officially one week into the new year and I've finally had a moment to sit and think about some goals I have for 2017. I don't want to call these resolutions per say, since those never seem to work out for me, so I'm going with goals. I've put together this list as a set of guidelines to live this year by! Keep on reading to find out what they are and to help me stay accountable.




Live a Healthy Lifestyle: This is probably my biggest goal this year. Every week seems to be the week "I'm going to start eating healthier" and it always goes down the drain a few days in. This year, I want to start eating a more clean diet and cooking most of my food rather than dining out. I started working out with a trainer about two months ago, which has been great, and also really helpful in starting to shift toward a more clean diet. I'm hoping I can continue to work with my trainer and start trying out new clean, healthy recipes to build a lifestyle where I feel good from the inside out.

Build My Confidence: This is something I've struggled with most of my life. I honestly don't know why, but I've always been self conscious about literally everything. I'm getting to a point in my career where I really need to speak confidently to things I know that I know as I'm starting to become an expert in my field. I'm always envious of some of my colleagues confidence when they speak with clients, so I'm going to actively try to build my self confidence this year with trainings and trying new things that involve public speaking etc.

Improve my Photography Skills: As you may know, I recently bought a Canon Rebel T6i (read all about it here!) so I've been playing around with it trying to figure it all out! I love photography and going out an taking photos of anything and everything, so I want to improve my skills and learn to use my camera on settings other than auto. I have a few trips planned early this year, so I'm hoping to up my skills by trial and error and I'm also looking into take a bootcamp-type class! If anyone has done something like that before, please let me know your thoughts!! :)

Travel/Experience More: And lastly, something else I've said I would do the past few years, travel and experience more of the world. While money will always be a potential road block, I want to make a more conscious effort to spend my money on experiences rather than material things. I have a trip booked to Miami and Iceland/London/Ireland for the first quarter of the year, and I want to keep that trend going. I don't need to travel across the world, even just booking quick weekend trips near by/in the US will make me happy. There is so much to see in this world so I gotta start now!

And there we have it! I'm hoping this little list will help me stay accountable this year. I'm confident I can tackle these and I'm hoping they will help make 2017 the best year yet.

Thank you so much for reading! <3



No comments