Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stains | Review + Swatches

Happy Sunday! I hope you had a great weekend. I know I say this a lot, but I am REALLY excited about today's post. I had been hearing a ton of great things about the Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stains, so naturally I had to give them a try myself and spoiler alert: THEY'RE AMAZING.

This line has over 40 shades but I decided to start off with 2 before going purchase crazy juuuust in case I didn't like them. I picked up Marvelous Mauve - 13 because it's the same color as 98% of my lipstick collection (but really lol) and I also grabbed Pink Frosting - 37 which is more of a cool-toned brown/pink and not something I have in my collection. 

The packaging is really simple and sleek. I like the size of the tubes and applicators & they look really nice sitting out on my vanity.

When I first swatched these on my arm, I was surprised by how light these felt. It felt very airy and sat quite nicely on my lips. The consistency is exactly what they're called, a cream lip stain, which is why it doesn't feel heavy at all. They are also no where near as drying as some other liquid lipsticks, which is a huge win.



When applying, I prepped my lips with the ELF Lip Exfoliater and Lancome Lip Color Base then continued with a lip liner (I read they work just as well without a liner!) I've found this combo works best for me, but feel free to play around!

The first night I wore one of these, I was BLOWN. AWAY. I put Pink Frosting on at around 8pm and then we had some people over before a night out, so I ate a bunch of hummus, pita and other snacks as well as had my fair share of drinks. Right before heading out to the bar (~11pm) I naturally ran into the bathroom to reapply and was in shock! The lipstick looked exactly as I did when I first applied it even with all the eating and drinking!

Swatched L-R: Pink Frosting 37, Marvelous Mauve 13

I continued the night out at the bar and when I got home around 2am, my lips still looked perfect with ZERO touchups. It honestly doesn't get better than that! I already have plans to head over to Sephora one day this week to pick up a few more shades from this line!

These retail for $14, which is pretty inexpensive compared to a lot of similar products, but I would buy these even if they were $25+ because the formula really is special. I highly recommend you checking these out!

What is your favorite long-wear matte lipstick? I'm always looking to try out new formulas in search for the best-- And these are in my top spot right now :)

Thanks so much for reading! <3

Products Mentioned:
Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stains in Marvelous Mauve and Pink Frosting - Sephora, $14

1 comment

  1. Such gorgeous colors! I love when liquid lipsticks aren't too drying.


    ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete