Amazing Affordable Brushes | Be You, Beautifully

Hi guys! So a few weeks ago I somehow managed to forget two of my travel makeup bags at a hotel I was staying at. When I called, the said they couldn't find them so I lost everything I had in them which was depressing as one of them contained my makeup brushes and a brand new BeautyBlender (meh). This happened right before the holidays and I didn't to have time to go to a store or to wait for them to get shipped as my original set was back ordered, so Amazon Prime it was.

I was a little skeptical ordering brushes from Amazon, but I didn't have many choices at that point. My boyfriend has a Prime account and it was free overnight shipping SO yeah, I took the chance and I'm so happy I did!




I wanted to find a set that had both eye and face brushes so I wouldn't have to purchase too many single brushes (aka my favorite E.L.F and Real Techniques brushes.) I also wanted the set to be under $50 since I wasn't sure I was going to like them, I just really needed something to hold me over until I was able to make it to the store.

I found a bunch of sets, but finally settled on this one by Be You, Beautifully. I liked the sleek black and gold look and the types of brushes matched fairly well with my old ones so I went for it.


This set came with 8 brushes, 5 face and 3 eye. I'm very impressed with the quality of these. They're really soft and blend out all of my products beautifully. I've even been ditching my BeautyBlender (that I repurchased meh) for the stippling and foundation brushes.



I've tested these in different ways and they're very versatile. I've been using the concealer brush to apply my highlight to my inner corners and under my brow and it's the only way I do so now. I also have been using the angled brush to set my concealer, the shape make it's super easy. One of my favorites is the detail brush, which I've been using to line my upper lash line with a black shadow to define my eyes a bit more.


One of my favorite parts of this set is the box it comes in. It's magnetic so it's easy to travel with but it also doubles as a brush holder! As you may know from my Perfect Inexpensive Makeup Storage post,  I've revamped my makeup storage and it's pretty much all black. My old brush holder was clear acrylic, and I was planning to keep it around until I found something that matched better, and then I realized this storage case was perfect.

Overall, I'm super happy with these brushes. I'm almost happy I lost my old ones! I did have to purchase a few extra brushes just because I was used to having a lot more (Real Techniques Blush & Powder brushes, E.L.F. Blending Brush & Spoolie), but this set covers a ton of the bases and is perfect for anyone starting out with makeup or looking to add to their collection.

Let me know if you have used any brushes from the brand and of your favorite inexpensive brushes in the comments. Thanks for reading!


Products Mentioned

  • Be You, Beautifully Makeup Brush Set - Amazon, $37.97 (Prime) & $49.97 (Regular)







PIN FOR LATER

No comments