Easy 3 Ingredient Slow Cooker Recipe | Healthy Mexican Chicken

Happy Sunday! Tonight, I'm bringing you my favorite recipe for the past month. My mom texted me this ridiculously easy recipe (since she knows I'm not the best cook :P) and I already had all the ingredients so I figured why not. I've been eating this non-stop for lunch and/or dinner for the past four weeks and even Ryan likes it, so I felt it has now become blog-worthy.




As the title states, this is a 3 ingredient (all of which you likely have) and is cooked in a crock pot, so I'm not sure it gets easier than this! I make a batch of this every Sunday to eat throughout the week and it's really made my busy life a bit easier. Keep on reading to find out how I make this and a few different ways to serve it!



Shredded Mexican Chicken
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours & 30 minutes
Servings: 8
Serving Size: about a 1/2 cup


What You Need:

  • 20oz (1.25 lbs) boneless, skinless chicken breast
  • 24oz jar of salsa
  • 1 packet less sodium taco seasoning


How You Make It:

  1. Place chicken in the slow cooker and evenly coat chicken with half of the taco seasoning
  2. Pour full jar of salsa into slow cooker, stir until everything is well mixed
  3. Cook on low for 4 hours
  4. Remove chicken from crock pot and shred using two forks
  5. Place shredded chicken & the rest of the taco seasoning back into the slow cooker and cook on low for an additional 30 minutes
  6. Serve warm and enjoy!


Nutrition (Per Serving):
Calories: 116 | Fat: .9 g | Sat Fat: 0 g | Carb: 8 g | Fiber: 1 g | Protein: 16 g | Sugar: 5 g 



Serving Ideas:
This recipe is so basic, there are really endless ways to serve this! Below are three ways Ryan and I have eaten it. The chicken is moist enough that when you mix it with anything, it acts as a sauce so you don't even need extra salsa.
  1. My personal favorite it mixing the chicken together with a half a cup of brown rice and two tablespoons of sour cream or greek yogurt! It's so delicious and filling - I literally eat this every day for lunch.
  2. Throw the shredded chicken into a wrap! You can also mix the chicken with rice to make it like a burrito.
  3. Ryan likes it on it's own or mixed in with some whole wheat pasta.


I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! It's the perfect "meal-prep" style dish that you can eat different ways to avoid getting sick of it (I don't know if I ever will lol.) Let me know if you guys plan to try this out and if you have any favorite easy meal prep recipes! Thanks for reading :)

PIN FOR LATER


No comments