Ulta Haul + Mini Reviews!

Hi loves! Happy Sunday - Hope you had a great weekend :) I received a package from Ulta earlier this week and I'm so excited about all of the products I picked up, I just had to share them with you. Keep on reading to see what I picked up!



So I've had an Ulta gift card since my birthday in November and have been waiting to use until I was able to make it to an Ulta store. Four months later, I realized I had no idea when I'd be back to my parents' (there's 2 Ulta's within 3 miles!) and the closest store to where I live now it too far so I figured it was time to place an online order.

I was browsing all of the new products, and I was very excited to see that Ulta now carries the brand Makeup Revolution! I had never heard of this brand until I started this blog and my Instagram account. When I saw how inexpensive it was, I was sold! For some reason, I thought this brand was only sold in the UK so I was very happy to see it on Ulta's site. I also picked up a few other items that I've been lusting over - Overall, I'd say this was a pretty great haul!


Products + Mini Reviews:
  • NYX Liquid Suade Cream Lipstick in Soft Spoken: I've only had the opportunity to swatch this guy, but I love the shade! It's browner on the lips than I was expecting, but I was pleased since I was nervous this shade may be too similar to the Tarte Lip Paint I also purchased. It felt very nice on my lips and was very easy to work with. I'm looking forward to continuing trying this product out.
  • Makeup Revolution The Matte Blush in Fusion: I'm loving this so far! The packaging is super sleek and the pan is much larger than I was expecting. This shade adds the perfect flush of color to the cheeks - I see this becoming a staple in my collection!
  • Makeup Revolution Amazing Lipstick in Love Nude: I really like the formula of this! It's really silky and glides on smoothly. This shade is a little too nude for my lips/skin tone, but when I mixed it with a darker shade, it looked very nice! I'm going to keep this and continue to use it to lighten up lipsticks and mix to make some custom shades.
  • Real Techniques Setting Brush: I've been lusting over this brush since the first time I saw Kathleen Lights use it in her tutorials! It's perfect to set your under eye concealer and highlight. I had never seen it in Harmon's (where I usually buy my Real Techniques brushes) so when I saw it on Ulta's site, I couldn't resist. I love every Real Techniques brush that I own, and this one is no different.
  • Makeup Revolution Ultra Contour Palette: So did I need another contour palette? No. But I couldn't resist this guy! I've only had the chance to use a few of the shades, but I really liked this to bronze my skin and create a nice, light contour. The highlights and banana powder are super pretty as well. The whole palette is very blendable and I'm excited to continue trying this out.
  • Tarte Tarteist Creamy Matte Lip Paint in TBT: This is certainly my favorite purchase of this haul! This color is so pretty and the perfect mauve. I received so many compliments when I wore it this weekend that all my friends ended up wearing it as well! It goes on SO smooth and it lasts a pretty long time. It's not transfer proof, but that also means it doesn't dry your lips at all and feels so comfortable.

I'm excited to keep trying these products out! They're great so far and I see a few of these becoming permeant in my collection. Let me know if you've tried any of these products and your thoughts on them! Thanks for reading!

Products Mentioned:

  • NYX Liquid Suade Cream Lipstick in Soft Spoken, Ulta - $6.99
  • Makeup Revolution The Matte Blush in Fusion, Ulta - $5
  • Makeup Revolution Amazing Lipstick in Love Nude, Ulta - $3
  • Real Techniques Setting Brush, Ulta - $7.99
  • Makeup Revolution Ultra Contour Palette, Ulta - $15
  • Tarte Tarteist Creamy Matte Lip Paint in TBT, Ulta - $20



1 comment

  1. Hi!!!! I nominated you for the Liebster Award on my blog, check it out! <3 https://blisskris1.wordpress.com/2016/03/08/liebster-award-nomination/

    ReplyDelete