Current Travel Bucket List | Winter 2017

Ever since we booked our Euro trip (which ahhhh-- we leave in less than three weeks!), I've caught a serious travel bug. I've never been the biggest traveler, but my wanderlust has gotten stronger and stronger as I've been researching my upcoming trip. I wanted to put together a roundup of my current top 5 destinations I'd like to visit in the near-ish future. Some of these are more realistic than others at this point in my life, but still dream destinations nonetheless.

This list of mine tends to grow and change as time goes on, but right now, these are the trips I'd book in a heartbeat! I'm hoping to knock at least one off the list by the end of this year, so here's to trying to do that! 

Photo Credit: GoAheadTours

1. Havana, Cuba
Ever since us Americans were told we're allowed to travel to Cuba again, I've been dying to. I've actually always been interested, just didn't think I'd ever have the chance to go. Going to Miami in January heightened my want to go here and I've been thinking about it ever since! Every photo I've seen of Havana is just beautiful and I want to experience the culture so badly. This is likely the most realistic trip on my list to accomplish in 2017, so let's hope I can make it happen!

Photo Credit: SantoriniTours.Cruises

2. Santorini, Greece
I have so many friends and acquaintances who have gone to Greece and I just cannot get enough. Santorini is at the top of my list in terms of Greek destinations, but I would definitely use any time I had in Greece to travel all over the country. My dream is to stay in one of the little houses/apartments on the mountain overlooking the sunset-- I mean, come on! It's absolutely breathtaking. I have a feeling the next time I plan a trip to Europe, Santorini will be on my list!

Photo Credit: Ayana Resort and Spa

3. Bali, Indonesia
Another destination I've been seeing allllll over social media, Bali. From the temples to the rice fields, monkey forests to the markets, Bali has so much to see. This country looks so naturally beautiful from all of the photos I've stalked and I'd love to have my turn to photograph such an amazing destination.

Photo Credit: Lux Resorts

4. Maldives orrrrr Bora Bora
So, Bora Bora has been on or close to the top of my list since I found out about it 10ish years ago. The idea of staying in an overwater hut is just mind blowing to me and everything I want in a relaxing vacation! The Maldives have also peaked my interest as of late, and for the purpose of this post, I'm adding both as an either or :) This is my dream honeymoon vacation, so let's hope we can make this happen when the time comes!

Photo Credit: Booking.com

5. Amsterdam, Netherlands
And finally, Amsterdam. I am so obsessed with all of the architecture and river boats and would love to see this place for myself! Similar to all of the above, the photos I've seen of this place are absolutely stunning. I love the old-time charm with a modern twist you can find walking throughout the city. This will definitely be a destination of choice when looking to explore Europe again.

And there you have it! My current top 5 destinations across the world. While a few of these are a reach for the near future, I definitely have confidence that I can visit a few of these places in the next 2-3 years! While traveling internationally can be quite pricey, I have my fair share of places right here in the US that I'd love to visit to feed my travel bug as I save for some bigger trips like these.

What are you dream destinations? Have you been to any of mine? Please let me know any tips/must-sees etc. in the comments. Thanks so much for reading! <3



No comments