LORAC PRO Matte Eye Shadow Palette | Review

Lorac is one of my favorite makeup brands for numerous reasons. They're products are high-quality and fairly affordable on their own, but Lorac always has really great deals on their website, at Ulta/Kohl's and on HauteLook so you can almost always score a deal.

I was eyeing this palette for quite some time before I finally gave in and bought it. The colors are perfect for an every day eye look, but you can also create some really pretty night time looks with this as well. I'm a sucker for matte eyeshadows (aka why I never bought a Naked palette other than the Basics) so I knew I was going to love this product before I opened it.

Keep on reading for my review and some swatches!



Overall, this palette is really a bang for you buck. You get 8 full-sized matte shadows ranging from simple everyday colors, to super dark and dramatic colors.

The eyeshadows are super buttery and blendable since they're infused with soothing botanicals. The colors are also very pigmented which is great when working with the lighter colors. These shadows are designed to be use dry OR wet so this palette is super versatile.


On a daily basis, I mix Latte and Pink Mauve and use a big, fluffy crease brush and blend it out. These two colors create such a natural look to the eyes, it's perfect for everyday wear. When it comes to weekends, I will use Bare all over my lid, mix Latte and Pink Mauve into my crease and use Corduroy and Chocolate on the outer v. I also use Linen to highlight often, it's a really nice, pigmented white shade, perfect for the inner corner and Jet Black as a smokey eyeliner.

I haven't had many chances to use Burgundy, but I anticipate getting more use out of it with the holidays coming up!


As you can see from the swatches, these are very pigmented. I only dipped my finger in them once to get this amazing color payoff so a little bit definitely goes a long way!

Overall, I'm more than satisfied with this palette and recommend it to anyone who loves themselves a nice matte eye look. It's certainly worth the $28! This would also make a great gift with this holidays coming up, you can't go wrong with this :)

Let me know if you've tried this palette and what you think! Thanks so much for reading :)

Products Mentioned
LORAC PRO Matte Eyeshadow Palette - Ulta, $28


2 comments

  1. Lorac shadows are hands down some of my favorite. This palette is so so pretty! They definitely do matte shades well!

    As Told By Alisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just happened upon this palette when the one I was shopping for, Tarte's Tartelette all-matte, was out of stock at Ulta. I ended up getting Lorac Pro Matte & ordered the Tartelette, but in the meantime I used Lorac & fell in love with it. The colors are so smooth & blend nicely. The bottom row is perfect for fall & winter but also for nights out. I haven't used the top row yet but I have an afternoon movie date tomorrow so I'll have a chance to try that soon. I hope it's part of their permanent collection (unlike the Tarte palette which I think is limited edition) because I can see getting so much use out of it. I enjoy it very much. Love it!

    ReplyDelete