DIY Christmas Decor!

Now that Thanksgiving has past, I'm in full blown Christmas mode! This is my second winter living out of my parents home, so it's my second time decorating for the holidays. Last year's decor was pretty basic as we had just moved in and were more concerned with decorating our place in general, so I knew this year I wanted to get some additional Christmas decorations and go more "all out."

Our space is pretty small, so I knew I only needed a few additions. I was determined to DIY something and when browsing some decor websites I stumbled upon a Christmas-themed shadow box I knew I could recreate. Keep on reading to see how I made this extremely easy & quick (literally 3 mins) DIY!



I already had a shadow box from when I moved out a year ago and I couldn't decide what to do with it, that's why I knew I had to do this when I saw the inspiration!

You only need a few things that you can find at your local craft store or Target, and you can customize this for any holiday at any time of year! For the Christmas themed one, you need the following...


Shopping List:

  • Square Shadow Box - Target, $9.99
  • Assorted Jingle Bells - Michaels, $4.29 
  • Scrapbook Paper of Choice - Michaels/AC Moore etc., ~$2-5
  • Letter Stickers in Font of Choice - Michaels/AC Moore etc., ~$5-10
  • Scotch Tape

How to Make it:
  1. Open up your shadow box and tape or glue your scrapbook paper of choice to the back panel.
  2. Flip the shadow box over (so you can fill it) and place as many jingle bells as desired into the space.
  3. Reattach the back of the box, with the scrapbook paper facing the bells
  4. Flip the box and apply stickers to the front of the glass and voila!
This is SO easy to make and it's so customizable since stores offer so many different patterns of paper, colored bells and sticker fonts. You can write any quote on here and you can fill the box with really anything for any season or occasion. I'm thinking of making a summer-themed one with seashells and starfish!


Let me know if you try this out in the comments! I'd love to see your re-creations and different ways you complete this. Thanks for reading!

PS. All decor in the first photo is from Target & Hobby Lobby over the past two seasons!

1 comment

  1. That's so cute, I love Christmas I have been listening to nothing but Christmas music since last Saturday. So having home made Christmas decorations would be lovely ��
    Xo Johnnielynn


    Www.johnnielynn.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete