My Current Apartment Tour!

There's nothing I love more than getting a little sneak peak into other peoples' apartments (is that creepy???) I just love seeing how people choose to decorate and set up a place and love pulling inspiration from them so I thought I'd give a little tour of the apartment I'm currently living in!

As you may have guessed from my blog name, I live in New Jersey just across the Hudson River from NYC. I work full time in the city so this location is absolutely perfect for commuting reasons (25 minutes door-to-door to work?!) even though the price tag on my place is quite high for the amount of space I have. You pay for location in and around NYC so I was prepared when I started looking to move out.

I moved out of my parents home a year ago and I moved in with my boyfriend of 5.5 years. We pay $2,200 a month ($1,100 each) for a 420 sqft one-bedroom apartment, which I knooooow sounds crazy but I couldn't imagine living anywhere but here at this point in my life (do you see that wall?!) I love everything about the apartment and the area I live in so I'm willing to spend 50% of my income to live here (yes, I know that's very bad but I'm young so whatever lol)

Anyways - Keep reading to see how I've decorated my place! I've managed to keep is girly, but not too girly for my very masculine roomie :P



Let's start off with the living room! This is the first room you see when you walk into the apartment and it's probably my favorite room. The brick wall is 110% the reason I signed a lease 30mins after seeing the place. It's from the original unit/building that was built in 1882. Yes, you read that right, 1882! It adds so much character to the place.

Couch: Ikea *Not sold online, similar in link
Coffee Tables: Ikea
Pillow: Hobby Lobby *Similar
Wall Art: DIY *Let me know if you want a tutorial!
Rug: Ikea

Gallery Wall Shelving: Tutorial
Bistro Set: Target
Wall Art: HomeGoods

Cube Organizer: Target

Now onto the kitchen, which is directly connected to the living room as you can see from the next photo. I love how open the space is since it's so small, any additional walls would really make it feel cramped. I loved that this unit was so updated with granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, as this was definitely hard to come by! We also have a little dishwasher which is a life saver :)



We have a ton of cabinet space which is also really nice. Since the place is so small, we could use as much storage as we can get!


Our stove and oven are on the smaller side but the only time that has been an issue was when I bought a cookie sheet that was too big, but other than that, these guys have treated me well!


While I would love to have a little more counter space, I can totally work with this. Also, note our cute, mini dishwasher :)

Moving onto the bathroom, which is right in the hallway next to the kitchen. This was another big selling point for me. A lot of the other units we looked at had really old and honestly gross looking bathrooms/showers/tubs. This one was so clean and new I knew I would feel comfortable showering in there.


Last but not least, the bedroom! Our bedroom is at the end of the hallway and next to the bathroom. It's a decent size and we're able to fit a good amount of furniture due to the way the room is laid out which was really helpful.

Bedding: Bed Bath & Beyond *Similar
Throw Pillow: HomeGoods
"Side Tables": Tutorial
Wall Art: Let me know if you'd like to see a tutorial!

 Throw Blanket: Bed Bath & Beyond
Wall Art: HobbyLobby

Tall Dresser: Ikea

Long Dresser: Ikea
Mirror: Ikea
Circular Product Organizer: Tutorial
Bracelet Holder: Michael's
Acrylic Makeup Holder:  BH Cosmetics
Apothecary Jar: TJ Maxx 

 Necklace Hooks: Hobby Lobby
Shoe Rack: Bed Bath & Beyond *I separated this into two 3-tier rather than one 6-tier


And lastly I did want to show you my closet so you could get an idea of how much space we have for clothing. It's actually pretty big, the rod goes back further than the french doors which adds a bunch of extra space and then we have a huge shelf above. Above the closet we also have some more cabinet storage which we actually haven't used yet (mostly because we can't reach it lol) but it will definitely come in handy if we find ourselves needing some more space. As you can see, we have a ton of hooks on the inside of the doors to store jackets and sweatshirts which is nice because you can make the messy look go away by just closing the doors.

And there you have it! I really love how this place turned out and it really feels like home now. Be sure to let me know what you think and if you want to see tutorials on any of the wall art items I made for the living room and bedroom! Thanks for reading :)


2 comments

  1. lovely cosy place :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Just followed ya on Bloglovin!

      Delete