October 2015 Favorites!

Let's just start by saying I have NO idea how it is already November-- time moves so quickly the older you get and I don't think I like it. Anyways, I decided I want to start doing monthly favorite posts to give reviews on products and items that may not make it into another blog post. Keep reading to see what I've been loving this past month!


First up is my all time favorite fall/winter candle, Harvest Coffee by Bath & Body Works. The scent is described as roasted coffee beans with a vanilla foam and it's literally amazing. The one problem is it was a part of the BBW Fall 2013 collection, aka it's been discontinued :( When I burned through the last one I had a few weeks ago I panicked and quickly ran to Ebay and bought 2 more for a more expensive price tag, but I would pay anything for this baby!

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Soft Plum: This is easily one of the biggest splurges I have ever spent on a makeup product but it was totally worth it! This blush is perfect for fall with the light cranberry colors and since it is an ambient lighting product, it also brings a nice glow to the skin.

Makeup Academy Lip Stain in Nude: This has been my go-to lip color this month and I absolutely love it. It's a perfect "your lips but better" shade and since it's a stain the staying power is great. The price is also amazing, $8 at your local drugstore.

Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Concealer + Corrector in Ivory: I has seen this talked about a ton so I obviously had to see what the hype was about! I love using this under my eyes and on the high points of my face for highlighting. It blends beautifully with a damp BeautyBlender and sits nicely on the skin.

ELF Contour Palette: I couldn't bring myself to buy one of the high-end contour palettes this past summer since I wasn't an expert yet and they're all super pricey. But when I saw ELF came out with one, I ordered it right away! This has been a staple in my makeup routine ever since I got it. I love the cool toned bronzer for contouring and the yellow shade for setting my concealer. 

ELF Blending Brush: I purchased this at the same time as I purchased the contour palette and I've been addicted ever since! I love using this brush to blend out my contour and I also use it all over my face once I'm done with my makeup to ensure my contour, blush and highlight are all blended out. This is an amazing brush!

Palmetto Derma Rejuvenating Antioxidant Mask: This product is extremely pricey and I would not own it if I didn't get it in my October BoxyCharm, but that's exactly why I love this subscription service! This face mask is truly amazing. You leave it on for 15-30 minutes and your skin is brighter and softer. I've never used a product that made my skin feel how it does after I use this!

Hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know if you've tried any of these products and what you think about them. Thanks for reading!


Products Mentioned: 
  • Harvest Coffee Candle, Bath & Body Works - Discontinued :(
  • Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush, Soft Plum - Sephora, $35
  • Makeup Academy Lip Stain, #337 Nude - CVS, $8
  • Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Concealer + Corrector, Ivory - CVS, $8.99
  • Contour Palette - ELF, $6
  • Blending Brush - ELF, $6
  • Rejuvenating Antioxidant Mask - Palmetto Derma, $64


4 comments

  1. The elf contour palette looks amazing, and so affordable!

    A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! You should definitely give it a try if you're looking for a cheap alternative to the high-end products :)

      Love you blog by the way!

      Delete
  2. I loveeeee E.L.F. brushes! I'll have to check that contouring one out, I've heard such great things from so many people! Lovely favorites :)

    As Told By Alisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I own a bunch and the quality is so great for the price. You should definitely try out this one, it's definitely my favorite!

      Delete