BEST Vacation Ever | Platinum Yucatan Princess All Suites, Playa Del Carmen

Hellooo friends! If you don't follow me on Instagram (blog + personal) you would have no idea that I just got home from an all-inclusive vacation in Mexico! I looove traveling to the beach during the winter months (even though it was 65 degrees in Jersey when I was gone.. like what?) and I wish I could have stayed there forever.

I wanted to write a little review on the resort we stayed at since we both enjoyed ourselves very much! I highly recommend this resort to any couple looking for a romantic but super fun getaway. Keep reading for photos & full review!


This was my boyfriend, Ryan and mine's third all-inclusive vacation together. From past resorts, we knew this time we wanted something a little more upscale and an upgraded room. In the past, we stayed in the basic rooms, which were great, but this year we wanted to splurge a bit!

We've always used CheapCaribbean.com to book our vacations and one day about a year ago when we were aimlessly browsing we stumbled upon resorts with Swim Out Rooms, which give you direct access to a pool, and we fell in love. We knew we needed a room like that for this vacation and the hunt began.

I searched high and low for a resort that offered this type of room but also fit in our fairly low budget of $2200 for 4 nights. We were lucky enough to find the Platinum Yucatan Princess All Suites & Spa Resort, which happened to offer an amazing deal the week we wanted to travel. Just like that, we booked!

Semi-private pool for the Swim Up Suites

This resort is to die for. It consistently has 4.5 - 5 stars across all booking sites and I can totally attest to why. This hotel is adult only, which turned out to be amazing. It's attached to two other Princess resorts, The Grand Riviera & The Grand Sunset, which are family-friendly. As a guest at the Platinum Yucatan, you have access to the other resorts as well which is nice.

We checked in and the staff was very friendly and the process was painless. We arrived a few hours before our room was ready, so they watched our luggage for us and golf-carted it over to our room once it was ready.

Now onto the room. I. Literally. Cannot. I am so obsessed with the room we stayed in, it's almost an issue haha. Decked in marble, white and blue accents the room has such a clean and modern feel to it. The bathroom has double sinks, a bathtub AND a double waterfall shower. LIKE REALLY? I was so surprised by that, the shower was truly amazing. (I couldn't get a full photo of the shower, but picture two of the amazing waterfall shower heads side-by-side, behind the door)




And then you open the sliding door to PARADISE. This is truly my idea of paradise. Our room location was perfect (building two) as it was close to all of the action at the swim-up bar area, but far enough away that you could relax on your deck when needed.

Our balcony/porch & semi-private pool

I could go on and on about this room for hours but I will spare you all by moving on :P

The resort, as I mentioned before, is beautiful. There is always something going on, like beach volley ball, funny drinking games, Spanish lessons, Zumba. They even have a "Spring Break" type party in the main pool on Saturday's which is fun and even more fun to watch! This resort offers mid to top-shelf alcohol within the all-inclusive which was very nice and unexpected. The swim-up bar is quite big, offers a lot of shade (when needed!) and has a DJ playing fun music throughout the day.

There were also waiters/waitresses who waited on the swim up rooms, so you could get drinks delivered without leaving your porch.



The food is also pretty delicious! This is the first time I actually enjoyed everything I ate at an all-inclusive resort. We enjoyed the buffet every day for breakfast and lunch, and for dinner, we went to the Italian restaurant twice and ordered room service twice (when you start drinking at 10am it's hard to get out of bed for dinner sometimes :P) and all was very good.



The grounds are very nicely kept. The beaches in the Playa Del Carmen area have been having seaweed issues, but they had staff out there at sunrise raking up the seaweed and digging holes to burry it (bless their souls.) I didn't mind the seaweed at all, but saw some people complain about it on some sites before we left.


I really don't have anything to complain about with this resort. Ryan and I had such a great time that we'd even consider going back before traveling to new places. I cannot wait to recommend this resort to anyone I know looking to take a trip to Mexico.

Check out the resort's pages on Cheap Caribbean and Trip Advisor if you're interested in booking!

The mix between romantic and fun was perfect and we already wish we were back! I highly recommend this to any couple in their twenties/thirties looking for a fun, romantic getaway. Below are some more of my favorite shots from the trip. Enjoy!!

Sunrise from our porch/balcony

Balcony/porch from the semi-private pool

Night-time entertainment at the outdoor bar

And one of us for good measure :P <3

PS. this post is not sponsored in anyway! I just fell in love with a resort and I want to tell the world about it :)




No comments