My Workout Must-Haves!

For the past month and a half, I've been going to the gym 5 times a week which is so unlike me. If you knew me in real life, you'd know I've always been a yo-yo gym goer. In the past, I've always lacked the motivation and drive it takes to get my butt to the gym multiple times a week.

Along with the immediate motivation of knowing I had a beach vacation coming up, I finally got together some items that keep me motivated and at the gym for more than 20 mins ;) Keep on reading to hear about my essentials!



1) An Energizing Snack: I go to the gym as soon as I wake up before work (5:45 am -_-). Honestly, half the time I'm still half asleep when I get there haha. It's so important to fuel your body before you work out, but since it's so early, I have a hard time eating (or have time to make) a full meal. I've recently been lucky enough to try out these Chomps Snack Sticks and I'm in love! I eat one before the gym to maintain my energy levels throughout my whole workout.

From Chomps: "Maximize your workouts with Chomps low carb and high protein snacks to help increase muscle cells and shrink fat cells." I've noticed a difference in my workouts since I started eating something before. I'm able to push a little harder and go a little further! Be sure to check out the Chomps website to learn more about their 100% Grass Fed Beef Sticks & Paleo Snacks! You will love them!

2) Addicting TV Show: One trick I've "played" on myself, is starting an addicting Netflix show and only allowing myself to watch it while I'm doing cardio at the gym. It really helps me get out of bed in the morning knowing I get to watch a new episode. I started with How to Get Away with Murder, and now I'm onto Scandal! Both of these shows are super addicting (as most you probably know, I'm behind on the times with these!)

3) FitBit: One of the most effective things to motivate me is my FitBit! I love that you can challenge your friends as it really motivates me to get off my butt... I can't let my friends be more active that me! :P I have two different types of bands, the bracelet, which comes with the device and I also have a small clip holder (linked below.) I use the clip to attach the FitBit to my shoe when I'm doing cardio on an incline (since I hold onto the machine and my arms are stationary) to better track my steps.

4) Comfortable Sports Bra: In the past, I never invested in nice sports bras. I honestly wore the ones I had for cheerleading back in high school and grew out of them but never repurchased new ones. I found these ones at Target and bought them in every color! They fit me so nicely and the material is super soft and comfortable.

5) WATER! A give in, but every time I forget my water my workout sucks. I've been better at remembering my water since I bought this cute water bottle. Why do cute things make working out easier??? lol

And thats it! These 5 items have really helped motivate me to actually get to the gym 5 days a week. I'm loving my new routine and hoping I can make a workout post for you guys soon! Thanks for reading!

Products Mentioned:
  • Chomps Snack Sticks - GoChomps.com, $11.25+
  • FitBit Flex - FitBit, $99.95
  • FitBit Clip Holder - Amazon, $10.95 for 3 pack
  • Sports Bra - Target, $8.48 - $16.99
  • Water Bottle - Target, $9.99

*This post is powered by BrandBacker


No comments