Dry, Flaky Skin Remedy!


It's that time of year where your skin decides to become chapped and flakey. As you know from my last post, I just came back from a vacation in Mexico and my skin is nicely bronzed. The one issue is, I didn't prepare to come back home to almost freezing weather and my skin went into shock. Between some sunburn and frigid temps, my skin bugged out and became extremely dry and flakey.

I never experienced dryness like this before so I was kind of freaking out. I couldn't wear makeup without my face looking SO cakey and when I woke up on Saturday morning, my skin looked like it was all about to peel off. Luckily, I ended up at my neighbors house in the morning and she saw my face and knew exactly what to give me... almond oil.


I wish I had taken a photo of my skin before because the comparison would be insane. I didn't expect for this to work so well!

All you have to do is take a little bit of the almond oil on a washcloth and work it all over your face in small, circular motions. You want to exfoliate your skin as your moisturizing with the oil. And that's literally it. My skin was not only moisturized with no sign of peeling, but it looked glow-y AND I didn't lose my tan while exfoliating (which I was worried about :P) I know it can be scary to dumb oil on your face, but as long as you gradually add to your washcloth, you'll be fine.

The best part is, this stuff is CHEAP! I got mine at CVS for around $3 and I anticipate this bottle lasting me all winter. This may not be a new tip or trick, but I've personally never heard about this until yesterday so I wanted to share it with you guys!

In the coming months, this little, cheap "hack" should help you get your skin back to normal. Let me know if you've tried this or what your dry skin remedy it in the comments. Thanks for reading!

Products Mentioned
  • De La Cruz Almond Oil - I got mine at my local CVS, but can't find it on their website. Here's an Amazon link to the one photographed :) Amazon, $5.89

PIN FOR LATER



1 comment

  1. I love sweet almond oil! I've been using it for almost a year now, and the results are lovely. I used to use it all over my body, but now I use coconut oil on my body & sweet almond oil on my face. I've never exfoliated with it though, I'll have to try that. I add 2-3 drops into my daily moisturizer, and then 3-4 drops into my night cream. It's amazing, right?! Gives your skin a great glow.

    I also recommend Apple Cider Vinegar as well. If you think sweet almond oil makes your skin glow, wait until you start drinking ACV. It's a miracle worker!

    Z · HELLOZAUNI.COM
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete