March Favorites | 2016

Happy April! I'm super excited for everything this month has to bring. I start my new job tomorrow and we're getting closer and closer to the best time of the year: Summer! Before I fully jump the gun into April, I wanted to share with you my most used products in the month of March.


I have a mixture of some oldies and brand new products and I'm super excited to share these with you!

Real Techniques Setting Brush: I had been interested in the brush since I've seen Kathleen Lights use it in a few of her videos. I had never seen it in Harmon's so I kind of just forgot about it. Luckily, when I placed an Ulta order a few weeks ago and wanted to hit the free shipping minimum (a horrible habit of mine lol) I found this on their website so had to add it to my cart. I've been so happy with this brush. As assumed, this is the perfect size for setting your under eyes and any concealer you use. This has definitely become a staple in my makeup bag!

Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes: This is certainly an oldie but a goodie. I've been reaching for this mascara over my high end mascara for the past few weeks and I love it! It makes my lashes so long and adds a good amount of volume to them. I rarely repurchase a mascara since there are so many to choose from, but I did go out and buy a new one of these so that's how you know I really love it!

NYX Pro Foundation Mixer in White: Now, I only had this for the last week and a half of March, but I had to add it in here. I realized when I got my face matched for foundation at Sephora, I had a little bit of self tanner on. A few weeks into using it, I realized it was a bit too dark for me but I didn't want to go out and buy another shade so when I heard about these new foundation mixers, I ordered immediately! This works like a dream and doesn't change the coverage or consistency of my foundation. I plan on buying some of the other shades for summer!

Lorac Get Hot Limited Edition Eyeshadow Palette: Another oldie, I actually got this off of HauteLook so it's no longer available for purchase :( But! I have found myself reaching for this a ton in March. I've been loving the light, matte brown in my crease and I've also been using the peach as a pop of spring color when I'm feeling it. Lorac shadows are amazing, so you will not be disappointed with any palette you buy from them.

Chella Eyebrow Color Pencil in Tantalizing Taupe: I actually got this in my March BoxyCharm and I did mention I was initially a bit unimpressed with the selection this month (mostly due to yet another eye cream and perfume) but this product certainly makes up for that! I also fell in love with the contour brush included, but I will talk about that in a different post. I've used the same BH Cosmetics brow power for over 2 years and never found something I liked enough to change it up, but this product did it! It's so easy to use and looks super natural.

Colour Pop Ultra Matte Lips in Lumière 2: As if I don't mention Kathleen Lights enough in my posts, I ordered all of her Lumière lip products from ColourPop earlier this month. The Ultra Matte Lip is 100% my favorite! I get so many compliments when I wear it AND 3 of my friends ordered it within 5 minutes of seeing me wear it/them trying it on. It really looks great on any skin tone and any hair color - Such a universal shade. I'm always sure to wear either a lip primer or lip balm underneath since it can be a bit drying, but nothing I can't deal with!

And there ya have it - My March favorites! Let me know if you have used any of these products and what you think of them! Thanks so much for reading <3


Products Mentioned

  • Real Techniques Setting Brush - Ulta, $7.99
  • Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes - Ulta, $5.99
  • NYX Pro Foundation Mixer in White - NYX.com, $10
  • Lorac Get Hot Limited Edition Eyeshadow Palette - Limited Edition :/
  • Chella Eyebrow Color Pencil in Tantalizing Taupe - Chella.com, $18
  • Colour Pop Ultra Matte Lips in Lumière 2 - ColourPop.com, $6



2 comments

  1. I've never tried any of Lorac's eyeshadows so I'm definitely going to have to!

    S .x http://ramblingsofayoungprgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great favourites Kim! :)
    I nominated you for a Miranda Sings award: https://xxojess.com/2016/04/04/the-miranda-sings-award/
    xo

    ReplyDelete